Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Wonderful Guy

Lizzy fell down and scraped her knee and it was really sore. During supper, she said this.

Lizzy: Everybody be quiet! I need to say a special prayer for my owie.

Allison: Okay, go ahead.

Lizzy: Heavenly Father I hurt my knee and it is not going away today. Please help it go away today. And Jesus is a wonderful guy in the world and he doesn't make bad choices. Jesus Christ amen.

Adam and I were trying so hard not to crack up during this. It was so cute. Later the same day she was concered that her scrape hadn't gone away yet like she prayed. I had to explain to her that it takes awhile for her body to heal. She expected her scrape to heal before bed time I guess!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aw, so cute, and yes hilarious! Ah, to have that simple faith of a child. I think Lizzy's right Jesus is a wonderful guy. ;)